Learning with Miss Campbell

Teacher in Training

Secwepemcstin Announcements

During my practicum I was lucky enough (and very nervous) to be able to share some of my (beginners) knowledge of the Secwepemcstin language with staff and students! This included a word of the week and a weather report. Along… Continue Reading →

Battle of the Beaks

A fun wrap-up to our Theory of Evolution: Natural Selection unit was participating in a Battle of the Beaks. For the past few weeks, students had learnt about, graphed data and reported on natural selection and it’s role in evolution…. Continue Reading →

Circle of Courage: Classroom Expectations

The Circle of Courage is a model of positive youth development based in the four universal growth needs of all children: belonging, mastery, independence, and generosity. In order to teach to a student’s heart we must do so through creating… Continue Reading →

Meet the TC

Book Review: Song For A Whale

Song For A Whale by Lynne Kelly [Ages 8-12] To be honest, I am probably not qualified to be any sort of critic. I always find myself loving something in everything I read or watch. However, I’m going to attempt… Continue Reading →

Jack & the Beanstalk: Taller/Shorter Centres Video

This lesson was an adaptation of classroom morning centres. Morning centre activities are easily adaptable to work with students in groups, pairs or individuals as well as one-on-one with the teacher. My main focus in this lesson was asking discourse… Continue Reading →

Geography: Traditional Place Names

Place names carry with them a sense of place or belonging, and a long standing relationship between people and the natural world that surrounds them. As Indigenous societies were traditionally oral societies, the names chosen for geographical sites throughout what… Continue Reading →

Global Education: Celebrating Global Competency

As technology connects us more than ever to people and places around the world, it is becoming more and more essential for children to be able to value diverse perspectives and cultures, understand how events around the world are interconnected,… Continue Reading →

Mutual Respect, Hygee & Deep Listening

Fostering a comfortable and inclusive classroom where students feel safe to be themselves and take risks is a priority in my classroom. I aspire to foster a classroom of mutual respect and understanding, that students are happy to be a… Continue Reading →

Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action in my Classroom

Truth and Reconciliation Committee’s Educational Calls to Action Response 62. We call upon the federal, provincial, and territorial governments, in consultation and collaboration with Survivors, Aboriginal peoples, and educators, to: i. Make age-appropriate curriculum on residential schools, Treaties, and Aboriginal… Continue Reading →

« Older posts

© 2024 Learning with Miss Campbell — Powered by WordPress